- Free 2 Day Delivery
- 200+ 5 Star Reviews
- Scientifically proven
The importance of a pelvic health physiotherapist
Pelvic health physiotherapists can treat women of any age with any pelvic health concerns.
Pelvic health issues can affect any woman at any age. We often become more aware of pelvic issues around pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period
Pelvic health challenges could be urine incontinence, faecal incontinence, pelvic pain, pain during intercourse, pelvic organ prolapse. All these conditions can really affect your physical health as well as your mental health. A lot of women give up doing things and exercises they love to do.
Pelvic health issues are common, but they are not normal.
- 1 out of 3 women after childbirth will suffer some degree of urinary leakage.
- 1 in 10 will suffer from painful sex.
- 1 in 2 women at some stage in their life (after having a baby) will experience some level of pelvic organ prolapse.
Women are often too embarrassed to talk about their symptoms and don't seek help or treatment. Often women are led to believe that these symptoms are a natural consequence of having a baby, and that these symptoms are something that should be put up with. This is not the case. These symptoms are treatable and there is help there!
Pelvic health issues will not go away if left untreated, in fact it could make them worse
- A pelvic health physiotherapist should be able to work with you to not only improve your symptoms but also return you to the sport or activity that you love.
- A pelvic health physiotherapist is trained to treat all pelvic health conditions
- A pelvic health physiotherapist can guide you, and help build those building blocks back to returning to activity, especially high impact activity safely and effectively
- A pelvic health physiotherapist can help identify what's likely causing your pain, teach you strategies for managing your condition and reducing pain, or help you recover from an injury or surgery
- A pelvic health physio can be key to building up your confidence when exercising
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you would like for us to connect you with a pelvic health physiotherapist in your area.